Urdu Planet Forum -Pakistani Urdu Novels and Books| Urdu Poetry | Urdu Courses | Pakistani Recipes Forum  

Go Back   Urdu Planet Forum -Pakistani Urdu Novels and Books| Urdu Poetry | Urdu Courses | Pakistani Recipes Forum > IT Planet > General Discussion > Tips And Tricks

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
loversfs

Users Flag!

loversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond repute
Default how to change start button Name?

Salaam,
there are two ways of doing this.
1- using softwares.
2- Manual method which also uses a software.

here i will guide you about it's manual method.

first download ResHacker from here: http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Then...

The first step is to make a backup copy of the file explorer.exe located at C:\Windows\explorer. Place it in a folder somewhere on your hard drive where it will be safe. Start Resource Hacker and Click File --> open --> explorer.exe located at C:\Windows\explorer.exe as shown in Fig. 01.

The category we are going to be using is String Table. Expand it by clicking the plus sign then navigate down to and expand string 37 followed by highlighting 1033. If you are using the Classic Layout rather than the XP Layout, use number 38. The right hand pane will display the stringtable as shown in Fig. 02. Weíre going to modify item 578, currently showing the word ďstartĒ just as it displays on the current Start button.

There is no magic here. Just double click on the word ďstartĒ so that itís highlighted, making sure the quotation marks are not part of the highlight. They need to remain in place, surrounding the new text that youíll type. Go ahead and type your new entry. In my case I used ElderGeek as shown in Fig. 03.

Compare the screen captures in Fig. 02 and Fig. 03 and youíll notice that after the new text string has been entered the Compile Script button that was grayed out in Fig. 02 is now active in Fig. 03. I wonít get into whatís involved in compiling a script, but suffice it to say itís going to make this exercise worthwhile. Click Compile Script and then save the altered file using the Save As command on the File Menu. Do not use the Save command Ė Make sure to use the Save As command and choose a name for the file. See Fig. 04. Save the newly named file to C:\Windows.

Step 2 Ė Modify the Registry

Now that the modified explorer.exe has been created itís necessary to modify the registry so the file will be recognized when the user logs on to the system. If you donít know how to access the registry Iím not sure this article is for you, but just in case itís a temporary memory lapse, go to Start (soon to be something else) Run and type regedit in the Open: field. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon

In the right pane (Fig. 05), double click the Shell entry to open the Edit String dialog box as shown in Fig. 06. In Value data: line, enter the name that was used to save the modified explorer.exe file. Click OK.

Close Registry Editor and either log off the system and log back in, or reboot the entire system if thatís your preference. If all went as planned you should see your new Start button with the revised text.

~*~*~I Love Walking In The Rain Because Nobody Can See Me I'M Crying!~*~*~
~*~* All Time I Feel I'M So Alone Because I Need A Girl-Friends Do You ? ~*~*
loversfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Saqib
BECOOL

Users Flag!

Saqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond reputeSaqib has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to change start button Name?

thanks for shearing
Old 09-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
blueparadise

Users Flag!

blueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond reputeblueparadise has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: how to change start button Name?

blueparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Blue_King

Users Flag!

Blue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond reputeBlue_King has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for sharing
Blue_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
loversfs

Users Flag!

loversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond reputeloversfs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqib View Post
thanks for shearing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueparadise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad kalim View Post
thanks for sharing

~*~*~I Love Walking In The Rain Because Nobody Can See Me I'M Crying!~*~*~
~*~* All Time I Feel I'M So Alone Because I Need A Girl-Friends Do You ? ~*~*
loversfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #6
Daedalus454

Users Flag!

Daedalus454 is on a distinguished road

But what botton?
Daedalus454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:34 AM   #7
maliktaimoorabbas
█║▌║▌║ αggяεsιvε ║▌║▌║█

Users Flag!

maliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond reputemaliktaimoorabbas has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: how to change start button Name?

Itna time kis k pass hai jnab
But anyways thanks for sharing